Friday, February 4, 2011

Group Break Winnings and a Couple Mail Days

As many of you know Dennis over at Too Many Grandersons did a second case of 2008 Razor Letterman and I was able to join this time. I love the way he does this break as he opened everything and then we drafted the cards we wanted. We pulled some really nice cards including a 1/1. My draft spot was in the middle of the group and the first card I choose was Eric Hosmer "R" numbered 17/20. I also was able to pick up a Chris Carpenter, Ryan Flaherty, Pedro Alvarez and Roger Kieschnick and one other card that I can't remember I think it was a Tiger. We then went into a trading session where I was able to use some of the previous Letterman cards I had gotten to work out a trade for two Aaron Crow cards to add to my collection. Dennis also threw in an extra auto for me of Jared Mitchell from Bowman Sterling which was a great touch. Thanks again to him for having a great break!


I also helped out artist Brandon Kenney in a huge project he had going called Art for Smarts to help him raise money for his schooling. Brandon was raffling off spots for several prizes and each spot also included a sketch card of his random choosing. The raffle was done over a month ago and I ended up winning a 4x6 Legends & Lore artist proof with one of the four spots I bought. Brandon has been working hard to finish all the different sketch cards and mine finally came in the mail yesterday. I was lucky enough to get Legolas from The Lord of the Rings, Jayne Cobb from Firefly, Darth Maul from Star Wars and a full color Batman. Thanks again to Brandon for all his hard work!


The last thing I received in the mail this week was a PSC by Tim Proctor of my favorite girl Boomer/Athena from Battlestar Galactica. I commissioned this card a couple months ago and Tim finally had time to get it done and out to me. And let me say I don't mind the wait!! I know he was hard at work on several projects including Star Wars Galaxy 6 and the wait was well worth it. What a beautiful card I've added to my collection.....


Hope everyone has a GREAT Super Bowl weekend!

2 comments: