Monday, June 7, 2010

More sketchyness

So in the continuing story of how I started my non-sports and sketch card collection I soon was trying to find any Galaxy cards packs at every Target store in the area. I was only able to get luck one more time but she was well worth it!
I found this beautiful Padme by the artist Leah Mangue. The scan isn't great but the card appears to be in colored pencil and is stunning in person. As I was spending more time on the Scoundrel Art site I discovered that a lot of the artists offered commissions at varying prices. This meant that I could have any character that I wanted on a personal sketch card (PSC.) One of my favorite shows of all time is Battlestar Galactica and my favorite character off the show is played by Grace Park (not the golfer!) her name on the show is Sharon Valerii also known as Boomer or Athena depending on what season you're watching. I wanted to try and get several different artists to draw her for me and give their interpretation of her. The first artist I contacted was Terry Tibke and I got this back.....
I love the hentai style that he chose and the full body with the nice background was a plus as well. I didn't give any instruction to him for a style or pose and normally don't with any PSC I commission. I think it's more fun to see what the artist has in their own mind. For Boomer I do have to find references for the artist at times but that's not hard to do at all. I have now amassed a collection of over 20 different Boomer sketches. It may not sound like much but it can be an expensive venture depending on the artist! Here are a few of my favorites and the artists who did them

Michael "Axebone" Potter
Cassie James
Sanna U.
Rhiannon Owens
John Watkins-Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment