Sunday, July 18, 2010

Celeb-o-graphs

One of the things I've been trying to do since the unfortunate demise of the Inkworks company is to pick up autographs from various actors and actresses from the show they produced cards for. Some of the bigger shows that they originally did cards for are Buffy, Lost, Smallville, Firefly and Alias. When the company went out of business Razor bought a lot of the stock that was left, single cards and boxes, and made "Vault" boxes for collectors that included 3 sealed autographs and a sealed box for 2009 and 4 sealed cards and a sealed box for 2010. This led to a bit of a glut of good autographs available and I've been having fun trying to buy and trade for cards I want. I'll start with one of my favorite shows Firefly/Serenity.





I've been in a couple group breaks for the "Vault" boxes and was lucky enough to get one of the rarest cards they had inserted. In fact I've never heard of another one being pulled. It's a red ink autograph of the late John Ritter from Buffy season 2.


A few others I've picked up are favorite actors that have been been in other shows. Jeffery Combs from The 4400 but I like him from the various Star Trek shows.


Robert Piccardo from The 4400 who was in Star Trek: Voyager.


Tahmoh Penikett from Smallville who was in my favorite show Battlestar Galactica.


Adrian Paul from Alias who played Duncan McCloud in Highlander.


For the 2010 Vault release Razor has included sealed autograph cards that were not produced by the Inkworks company which is kinda nice but to me defeats some of the purpose. Still I was able to find this card to add fairly cheap, Peter Wingfield as Methos from Highlander.


If there were any autographs you had thought about picking up now wouldn't be a bad time.

No comments:

Post a Comment