Friday, May 28, 2010

2010 MLS Box Break

So I figure if I'm gonna start start kinda big with a box break. I got this box of 2010 Upper Deck MLS. 20 packs of 12 cards each. 5 total hits in a normal box, one autograph and four jerseys including one multi-player and one patch numbered under 50.

The base cards look really nice with full bleed to three of the four sides. the fourth side is a colored swoop that includes the UD logo, player name and team logo. The back of the card gives the regular stats, a quick write up on the player and has the player's number on the bottom left. The base set is 175 MLS players, 15 Super Draft Picks and 10 WPS (Women's Professional Soccer) All-Stars. I haven't had the chance to sort the cards I received yet but eyeballing it I would say I got and entire base set.

I got all five inserts I was promised on the outside of the box. A bright orange single jersey of Luis Angel Landin of the Houston Dynamo. A single jersey of WPS star Heather O'Reilly from the Sky Blue FC. The multi piece is of Luis Angel Landin (again) and Brian Ching of the Houston Dynamo numbered 60/65 and the patch I got is Dave Van Den Bergh of FC Dallas numbered 8/35. A really nice red and blue patch.



The last hit is the autograph. I pulled WPS All-Star Lori Chalupny of Saint Louis Athletica and of the U.S. National team. This card is numbered 76/100 and even though it's a sticker autograph it doesn't look bad.

Overall this is a really nice set, probably the best Upper Deck has put out for the MLS since they started making soccer cards. I might have to look into getting some more singles and have seen some patches and autographs going for over $100 on E-Bay. I expect the prices to stay fairly high with the World Cup Finals coming up starting June 11th in South Africa and maybe cool a little after that. Don't forget to cheer on the U.S. as they open up the competition against England on June 12th at 1:30 CST on ABC!! USA2010

No comments:

Post a Comment